Monday, January 2, 2012

I'm still hungry

Well, it's day 2. I'm hungry. And grumpy. And I'd love to drink an ice cold coke. Yummmmm, that super cold feeling going down my throat. Scrumptious bubbles! But, I won't. And I haven't all day. I made some really tasty food today, but I am still hungry.

For lunch I had a cauliflower crust pizza which was surprisingly delightful. I didn't even realize it was cauliflower! Well, ok, I knew it was because I slaved over those little white trees and shredded them with a cheese grater after squeezing the excess liquid by hand, one by one! I went through a lot of trouble to make that sucker! It stuck to the pan, so I tore it all up when I flipped it. But it did taste good and my children thought it was good. They had no idea there were veggies in that pizza! Bonus!!!

For dinner, I made a Parmesan crusted tilapia and served it with salad and green beans. I sat at the table, which I actually cleaned off and wiped down this morning with the kids to eat. I am not sure if they were more excited that I sat and ate dinner with them or if they really thought it tasted good, but I felt dinner was a success. I personally really liked the taste of the fish.

But fish is not filling at all! I was hungry an hour later! I was ready to binge. Fortunately for me, I have rid my house of anything to binge on except fruits or veggies. So, my binge consisted of a bowl of pineapples. Now, I don't have any for the rest of the week since I went over grocery budget. This is not cool. Sigh. Another fortunate thing about being so hungry right now is that I didn't shower today. Yes, I'm gross. But hey, when you have a toddler, sometimes,  you just have to forego the shower. I mean, unless you enjoy a tiny person yanking on your extremities and poking at your naked body...

Anywho...I didn't want to leave the house in my unshowered state. Plus, the baby has gone to bed. So, I chugged more water. That didn't really help. So, I folded laundry. I FOLDED LAUNDRY!!!!!!!!! That folks, is a bonified miracle. And with that, I have made it through another day of "being healthy".

No comments:

Post a Comment