Thursday, May 5, 2011

I think, therefore I am...

THIN!!!! Oh, yes, I am thin and beautiful. I am healthy and I feel good about myself. At least, I am learning to think so...

I finally got around to picking up that book I talked about in my first post. think thin be thin. It's by Doris Wild Helmering and Dianne Hales. It's basically a guide full of psychological ways to lose weight. I was drawn to it in the book store, so I picked it up. This was a while ago and it has since been collecting dust in my bedroom. Last night, I was feeling particularly restless and really wanted to eat some ice cream. I had a few bites of the ice cream and then set it on the table and let the rest melt...can't eat it then can I? I picked up the book and got started. It suggests using a journal to go through the parts of the book. I am going to use this blog, so you will get to go through the book with me! Yay for you!

Step #1:

I, Karen Hughes(May 5, 2011), will continue to read Think Thin, Be Thin and put some of the suggestions to work for me.

Step #2:

I have learned that I am in the Preparation Stage of weight loss, because I bought the book and am currently reading it, even contemplating trying some of the suggestions!!

Step #3:

Put Your Goals in Writing...

Since the week is about over I will put today's goal, but my weekly goal will begin now and extend to the end of next week, at which time, I can start over at the beginning of the following week.

Today's Goal: I will not snack or drink soda after dinner and if I start to feel the urge to snack, I will drink a glass of water!

This Week's Goal: I will take a walk of at least 15 minutes each day.

This Month's Goal: I will eat a piece of fruit or have a glass of water instead of some goldfish or a piece of chocolate when the craving hits. I will not feel guilty if I give in to the chocolate once or twice.

So, here I go! Here's to thinking myself thin....


No comments:

Post a Comment