Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Got Milk?

The last couple of weeks, I have been pretty stressed and haven't had a huge appetite. I either forget to eat when I'm stressed or I go the opposite route of snacking myself fat. Since I have been doing this the last month or so, I  have really stopped snacking much at all and haven't really been all that hungry, so I knew this time of stress could result in the "forgetting" to eat issue. I decided that I cannot afford to be unhealthy and skip meals because that always ends up badly for me. I do have a family to take care of, after all.

So, I bought a box of Special K cereal, thinking I would eat it for breakfast and lunch. There is an actual Special K diet you know! Supposedly if you eat it for breakfast and lunch and eat a sensible dinner you can lose 100 pounds in 6 weeks. Or is it 6 inches in 2 weeks? Ha ha. I joke, but it's actually a diet. I don't necessarily feel the need to do the Special K diet, but I did need something I could make sure was available and easy to eat during the two times it is easiest for me to forget to eat.

Anyhow, in my quest to continue to count calories but still make sure I eat something, I bought the cereal. Monday morning, as I left for work(later than I should have been leaving), I realized that while I packed my cereal and my banana, I forgot some milk. I stopped at a gas station for some milk and there was a sign where it would have been that said, "Need Milk? See cashier."

'Hmmm...this is strange,' I thought to myself. But I asked the cashier for some milk. She brought me a single bottle of Promised Land. I was kind of excited because that is the expensive milk! I bought it and went on my merry way to work. I poured my cereal and my milk and sat down at my desk to eat it while I checked my emails. After the first bite, I realized something wasn't right. I sniffed the cereal and the milk smelled off. Ugh! Of course, I couldn't eat another bite. And what would I do for lunch?? Dang. I didn't feel like eating dry cereal, but luckily for me, I had a Special K protein meal bar in my desk from who knows when! YAY! Special K saved the day! Also, it was chocolaty chip, which makes every thing better.

Tuesday, I drove through McDonalds for milk because I figured surely they would not have bad milk. I tell the drive thru screen, "I would like a bottle of water and a jug of milk please." "I'm sorry but we only have chocolate milk" the voice said. Hmm. Well, I didn't have time to go anywhere else, so I said it was fine. Actually it didn't taste bad in the cereal since I obviously have the chocolate delight Special K. I decided I would stop at the store for some skim milk on the way home from baseball practice.

Wouldn't you know that my husband's truck broke down and we had to rescue him. I didn't think we would make it to baseball practice. We did, but I was so flustered from the change in routine that I completely forgot about milk. So, through the Mcdonald's drive thru I went again this morning. Again, they only had chocolate milk. I said that was fine and came to work. Then I realized my cereal box only had one serving left. AHHHH!!!

Other than all of that craziness, the skinny quest is moving along nicely. I mean, I'm not dropping 10 pounds a week or anything. In fact, it took me two weeks to drop one pound recently, but I also have not been working out as much as I had been. I do feel I've made a pretty big change though. I'd rather just go home and eat a sandwich or a salad than drive through for a burger. I tried to drink a soda yesterday when I got the hankering and could only have a few sips. It tasted like chemicals. Weird.

Slowly but surely, I will be skinny again!

No comments:

Post a Comment