Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Bonding=Exercise!

Yesterday, baby girl stayed home with Dad while I took little man to his baseball practice. As it is still summer, and really hot, only a few kids on the team showed up. So, when it was time for them to bat, us parents went out on the field. I played first base. My son thought this was so awesome. He kept grinning at me. I definitely got a nice little workout. While I wasn't running the whole time, I did work up a sweat and my heart rate went up several times. Also, it was alot of fun.

Since I got going with this I have actually lost weight! It feels amazing! I have noticed when I start thinking about snacking, that I'm really not hungry at all, but am bored. So, I have been pouring myself a glass of water and busying myself doing something else. I have noticed that if I don't care for what I'm eating, rather than cook another entire meal(yes, I totally did this before)after a few bites, I just stop eating and maybe allow myself a nice healthy snack later. I have stopped getting seconds immediately upon finishing the first helping, drinking a glass of water instead and thinking about whether I really am still hungry or not. I have noticed that I am actually starting to crave working out. On the days I don't do anything, I feel gross. I feel as if I need to jump up and run away. I have noticed I am no longer craving fast food and when I get the itch to eat something "different" and I start looking around at my options, I start thinking about how many calories and how much fat and grease is in that food and I get grossed out. I had McDonald's for the first time in weeks last week. I felt sick and gross for two days afterward. I would much rather eat some fresh fruit than ice cream. I would much rather eat a nice turkey sandwich on wheat bread at home, than a greasy cheeseburger at a fast food joint.

This process has not been easy. I struggle with thoughts about food and sodas every day. I struggle with the thought of just lying down and going to sleep every day. I struggle doing the moves of my various workout videos and I struggle to keep up sometimes. It is a battle every day. But it is a battle that I am starting to feel like I'm winning.

No comments:

Post a Comment