Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Billy Blanks is Evil!!

But I love him. It's more of a love/hate relationship right now. I have his Tae Bo Cardio video. It is a WORKOUT!!! Let me tell you. I'm talking about a dripping sweat, screaming, grunting, panting, hardcore work out!

Last week, on Tuesday, I started using an app on my phone called My Fitness Pal and started eating well(mostly) and tracking my calories. I weighed 204 pounds on Tuesday of last week, which is 7 pounds more than I weighed when I started this blog. I also started working out. Currently, I have a goal of working out 3 days a week. Last week, I stayed at or under(after working out) my calorie goal all week and met my goal of working out 3 days a week! Today I stepped on the scale and it said 196.8!!!

I started using the C25K app on my phone. It alternates jogging and walking during a 9 week period to prepare you for a 5k supposedly. I've only done two days of week 1 so far. But I've taken lots of walks and I've done the Billy Blanks video.

Last Friday, I didn't make it through the whole video. I turned it off, cursing Billy and his muscles and his good mood and took a shower, wishing I hadn't done that. Last night, I made it through the entire video!! It felt SO good! Okay, so I spent half the time, yelling at Billy, "I hate you!!!" "NO!! I don't want to to that!!" "Billy, you suck!!" "OUCH!!!" and a few other expletives. The sweat was dripping down my body. I was breathing hard. I was pushing myself in ways I have not pushed myself in years! But I made it through! And at the end, he does a cool down stretch and he tells you how great you are and how there is nothing you can't do! I'm so glad I made it to the end!!!

Oh and by the way, I have only had two sodas since last Tuesday!!!!

1 comment: