Thursday, July 14, 2011

Feeling Good

Today, I am in a rare moment of feeling really good about myself. I mean, I am energized. I'm in a great mood. I've been smiling. I feel like I can do so much!

This almost never happens. I suffer with depression and anxiety. Although I am getting treatment for it, there are days where it is all consuming and I am just so tired and so down and so freaked out about everything and nothing at the same time. Today is carefree. I feel fabulous. Jack Johnson on the radio helps alot too. Super happy music.

I haven't had Dr. Pepper or any soda for that matter since Monday. I also have not had any fast food since breakfast on Monday. Surprisingly, I haven't been as tired or cranky without the soda as I thought I would be. I joined http://www.myfitnesspal.com/ and have one friend(my sister of course, who else?), to give me encouragement and have been tracking my food and water intake. Feel free to check it out and join me as a friend and we can be fitness pals! I took a walk on Tuesday. There was a heat advisory and it was so muggy. It was hard. But I did it.

Yesterday, I started C25K. Essentially, it is a 9 week program designed to get you in shape to run a 5k. I used to run cross country and track as a young girl. I'd say I was pretty good. I had a butt injury(yes for real. Funny story actually-Dr: "You have strained your gluteous something or other." Me: "My what? What is a gluteous something or other?" Dr:"Your buttox Miss Owens." Me: "Oh. Well, ok then.") in the 8th grade which put me out of track for the rest of the season. I stepped in a pot hole during our morning run in cross country. It hurt. I never returned to running. I chose choir instead. Anyway...

It hurt pretty bad. My legs burned. My lungs burned. Luckily there was a nice wind blowing, and the sun was setting, so the heat wasn't too bad. The app on my phone chimed when I needed to jog or walk, which alternated-60 seconds of jogging, 90 seconds of walking. I took my son with me. He is so awesome. He was in charge of the water. He carried the bottle and kept asking, "Mom, do you need some water? You don't want to dehydrate." When I complained he would say, "Mom, you're doing great! This is fun! Keep going Mom!" At one point, I said, "I don't think I can do this." He said, "Yes you can  Mom. You don't want anyone to think you're a loser, do you?" LOL. No, son, I don't want anyone to think I'm a loser. When we got home, he helped me stretch. I think I may have found my support! He rocks.

All in all, I felt pretty good about completing the workout. I plan to do it as much as possible. I am proud of myself. I think I can really do this. Oh, and I really appreciate all the encouragement and advice I have been getting from all of my friends and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment