Friday, July 8, 2011

Sparkly!!!

Well, my sister got engaged!!! SO very excited! She has a huge sparkly on her finger. Seriously. It is SO very pretty. She asked me to be her matron of honor! Of course, I said yes! And now I have a real goal for losing some weight. I still ate a burrito smothered in queso sauce with Mexican rice for lunch today though. Ooops.

Joe and I got some detox pills. They were called 7 day detox. We tried to take them to "clean" out our system to kind of jump start our healthy eating goals. Basically, they just rid your body of some toxins. But...they were humongous pills. You had to take 12 a day. 6 in the morning and 6 before lunch. You had to drink a crap load of water with the pills. This part was fine with me. I feel alot better when I drink gallons of water. But those pills! UGH. I had to do one at a time because they were so big. They tasted awful and I gagged more in the few days I took them, than ever before! I literally peed like twice an hour while taking them. Neither of us finished the 7 day detox. Oh well.

I got a pedometer through my medical insurance at work. I am supposed to walk 10,000 steps a day as part of a program called "Healthy Pursuits". It's designed to get people in shape and healthy and stuff. But they give you a huge discount towards your deductible. Lots of people do it for the discount. When the representative calls you, they ask if you are doing it for your health or just for the discount. Well...I can't lie. It's wrong. So, I said, "Well, obviously I'm doing it for the discount." The representative laughed. But I wasn't kidding. Ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment