Monday, April 18, 2011

Juicy Goodness

Let's talk about weight loss, shall we? Losing weight is way too hard for some of us happy eaters. I love food, ok? I mean...I really, really love it. I hate having to limit myself and I hate counting calories. I hate having to drink tons of water and having to cut down my soda intake. I don't like diet soda, and yes, I do realize that it has no calories. That doesn't make it taste better to me!

I love cheeseburgers. I just love them SO much. I like them with cheese, pickles, mustard, onions, tomatoes and lettuce. Add on some crispy, slightly burned bacon and I'm in heaven. Oh, the juicy goodness. Burger King has this burger they came out with recently...it's the Stuffed Steakhouse burger. It has cheese and jalapenos INSIDE the meat! Brilliant!! It has lettuce and tomato, and it's topped with this amazing poblano sauce. When I saw the commerical for this burger my eyes got wide and I had to wipe the drool away from my mouth. When I tasted it, I thought I might die from pleasure. It is really yummy!! This burger weighs in at a whopping 600 calories! You don't even want to know the fat or sodium content. Yikes!!

I got a little sidetracked there...as I was saying...it is really hard for me to limit myself. I have tried many ways to do this. I have a membership on several websites where you can have a profile, friends and put in your calories every day...I usually last a week or two on those, and I then I think I have it under control only to step on the scale and see my loss come to a screeching hault. Hmmph.

I have not gone running since my last run from last week...oops. I have chased around a very energetic toddler though, so that should count for something! I swear I will exercise this week! I have to!! I have also noticed a huge drop in my appetite and a very big difference in my thoughts about food. I normally would think about food all day. What will I eat for my next meal? How much will I eat? I would torment myself with thoughts of juicy burgers and healthy salads. Which do I choose?? Oh gosh. Decisions. If I chose the burger, I would hate myself for a week! If I chose the salad, I would see a sad burger in my head taunting me. Oh, the horror!! But, the last couple of weeks, I have not worried over what I will eat and I have actually stopped when full. I was at the mall this weekend, and for some reason I decided I would get some terriyaki chicken and some noodles at the japanese stand. It wasn't very good. I ate a few bites, and I stopped. Usually, I would want to eat the hole container. But I stopped!! I'm so proud of myself! I'm learning.

The scale sits at 193 today. I realize if I did more to help myself along this number could be alot less, but I also know my strengths and weaknesses and I feel like taking these small steps is really helping me not only to grow as a person, but to really take control and responsibility for my choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment